Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Nov 04, 2021

I cancelled my Match.com subscription in August of 2015. I have not monitored my bank account activity.

However, I recently reviewed charges to my account over the past year. I noticed a "WMV*MATCH.COM" charge of $149.94 on a January. I noticed the company, because I used their service for under a year. I looked deeper and found another charge of $149.94 in July.

This is in a ONE YEAR period. I went further to the previous year and found charges of the same amount, and on the same months. The total charges AFTER I cancelled subscription is $1,649.34 (One thousand, six hundred, fourty-nine dollars and 34 cents.) The company clearly knows the account has not been active, has not even been logged on to since cancellation. Their response was that the subscription was not cancelled and they're refunding $70.40.

Is the company that desperate for funds in that swindling money from accounts has become fair play?

This unauthorized billing practice is nothing short of daylight robbery. Those who are on auto pay, and/or have their credit card on file; you've been warned.

User's recommendation: Disconnect auto pay. Recurring charges AFTER cancellation amounts to swindling.

Product or Service Mentioned: Match Membership.

Comments