4.1

I was looking for a man that I could spend the rest of my life with, I thought I had found him till he started asking for money he was from Georgia and then he went to Africa he had the money to go over there but didn't have the money to come back home on, so he started asking me for money along the way he wound up in the hospital and he didn't have the money to pay the bill so he looked at me, he kept telling me he had no one and he was an only child, I am also an only child but I do not have anyone to help me out either. He took me for around $15000.

I would like Match to look into this matter and get back to me.

I want my money back. His profile name was Blue Johnny he was from Altanta Georgia.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of no matches. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss return, exchange or cancellation policy of match profile and associated monetary loss in the amount of $15000. Match needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned match profile in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Match. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Zoosk.

Comments

Oakland, California, United States #1266399

That's awful, I'm so sorry that happened to you.

I don't think it's likely that he was actually from Georgia, it's far more likely he was based in Africa. Scams from Africa, India, etc are common.

I would consult a lawyer about whether match.com has culpability.

They may at least be required to cooperate with a criminal investigation, if a law enforcement agency would be willing to launch one.

They should at least be alerted about the scam, they need to know what is being done to their citizens.

I would also write to a paper with invesitgative powers, NYTimes etc.

They may not be able to do anything to help you, but the more specific stories they hear, the more likely that they can press for future steps to be taken to reduce this kind of thing. Good luck, all the best.