Raeford, North Carolina

I was never trilled with the idea of online dating but I realized that with my busy lifestyle it may have been a good opportunity, at the time, to meet new people, and, possibly, find that someone special.They say to read the profiles, but, from my understanding, profiles are, merely, a way to attract someone to talk to you , as is, the education level and social economic bracket one is in, or pretends to be in.

Fact is there are way too many lies written in these profiles. As if this is not enough we have the cunning and charming scammers that are very slick and versed. I was one of their victims. Thankfully my antenna detected suspicion and I was able to turn the tables on the scammer.

My point in all this is that we are bombarded with commercials, reviews telling us these online dating sites are safe, reliable etc, when , in effect, they do not care of our well being because it's all about how much money they can generate and how big they can grow. My beef is with Match.com. In their agreement they specify in capital bold letters that they are not liable for a members behavior. Certainly it would be impossible to have a perfect site with the upmost mannerism when you are dealing with thousands of different personalities from different backgrounds, but scammers?

Scammers are a whole different issue. The reliable and safe online site is no longer such because they permit criminals to be part of a site that should be about discovery, friendship and love. After I was scammed I came to realize that I was one of thousands that have reported same experiences of various online dating site. The site that has the most complaints when it comes to scammers is Match.com.

So an experience that should be about emotional growth and happiness becomes a horrifying experience that makes you loose trust in humanity itself because ,once you are scammed, you think that everyone that approaches you may have the same intentions. It is a devastating experience that truly puts in prospective the TRUE nature of these online dating services. My logic is simple. If I pay to be part of a site that claims to be the best, the most reliable, safe and most successful in bringing people together why have I been targeted, why have I been exposed to this ugly experience, why is Match.com not being held liable for my losses and the emotional strain I had to endure?

The man that has scammed me calls himself Juan R. Cortez and his email address is Juancortezr@yahoo.com

The pictures I have uploaded were of the man I believed I had met; unfortunately the man in these pictures may, very well, be an innocent by standard that has no clue as to what is going on.

A big part of me wishes I knew who this man was so that I could warn him.So if anyone out there reading this post knows this person please have him contact me here or go to romancescams.org.

Review about: Match Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Allow criminals on their site.

Had an Experience with Match?

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1350667

I am trying to contact you.