Show reviews that mention
account service money subscription refund site customer people customer service membership
Filter review

MATCH.COM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MATCH.COM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used the Match.com service over a year ago – I cancelled the service but one year later I go on-line and see they put through a charge to my debit card for $136.80! I immediately went to my bank (TD BANK, Plainview, NY Branch) and filed a dispute to have it reversed – 3 weeks later I still see the charge so I go to my bank and what they tell me is this – Because I didn't cancel the debit card after using their service – they have all the card info on file for me and they are claiming that I never cancelled the membership and so many months later they hit me with this UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE OF $136.80!!!! I am disputing the so-called verification that Match.com provided my bank (TD BANK, Plainview, NY Branch) based on the fact that it's ludicrous. I explained to TD BANK, Plainview, NY Branch) that I did cancel the service – but they have to have someone in their Debit Card dispute dept. look into the matter further. Match.com is a company that WILL CHARGE YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD without your permission. If you use their service (which I do not recommend) you should protect yourself and get a prepaid debit card – never ever ever ever ever should anyone give them their credit card or bank card information. They are unscrupulous. My bank suggested that I contact Match.com (the company that charged my card illegally) and ask them to reverse the charge. Has anyone tried to get in touch with match.com? Go ahead – try and have their Customer Service help you and see where it gets you. Nowadays, unfortunately, companies are greedy, despicable and completely hostile towards customers when it comes to our needing help to resolve problems that THEY CREATED. DO NOT USE MATCH.COM – THE SERVICE SUCKS- THEY CHARGE PEOPLES CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION – GO AHEAD CHECK ON-LINE – SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT THEM FOR YOURSELF. STAY AWAY FROM MATCH.COM – DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE – DO NOT GIVE MATCH.COM YOUR CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD INFORMATION. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MATCH.COM. Signed, cheated and robbed customer of Match.com

And here's the worst Part Match.com ,OkCupid and Plenty Of Fish are all now Owned by MatchGroup as in Match.com they bought the competitors thats why those sights have been going downhill too

WFCE EMAIL HIM

conasa1013

59 - Willard, OH USA

Hidden Profile

Match is run by a load of crooks. Do not give them any money.

I just cancelled a one year membership to match.com after two weeks. From day one, I would receive annoying popup instant messages from bots, the same one, even after blocking!

I reported it and it did not stop for a week. I received multiple messages from fake profiles too. These are people paid to keep people online and for the site to earn more profit! I even gave my number to one and she texted me what was an obvious mass text to a bunch of guys, as it made no sense to my question, in text.

These profiles also show up later as unavailable. Do not use this site! They have fake profiles all over them! If you must, use Plenty Of Fish, even though that is a horrible site.

Meet someone in real life is the best bet or you will be exposed to a never ending pit fall of entitled females with insane expectations that they do not come close to, with kids, divorced, obese, and damaged! I also will be cancelling my debut card tomorrow and getting a new one asap!

i just called in for their heavily advertised 'if you don't find love after 6 months' offer, only to learn that there is a catch to it, you have to sign up for the 6 month plan (i did 3 months twice, paying them more money that way) . .

so they won't honor it.

i wouldn't do business with them again, and had much better luck on ok cupid. i told them they were making a poor business decision considering their biggest competitor is free and a better company.

Match dot com is sham. They filter filter.

Text photos email -- you name it. It is just like censored prison mail except you pay for it. Their guarantee is phoney. You don't get your money back -- you get more time on the site and that is useless.

New subs get torrents of IMs from non-users - someone has hacked their system and Match is clueless about it.

Plus the clients -- A lot of w vain airheads who think some fantasy date is out there for them. It is a huge waste of time and money.

I completely regret subscribing to this website. I've been on it nearly 2 weeks,and I have not received one message from anyone.

Mind you, I have messaged many people. No response. I'm assuming 90+ percent of the members aren't even freaking subscribed,which is ***.

I actually thought this website was legit, but of course, it's just about the money. Thank you for sharing this.I'm about to cancel my account right now.

Just got of the phone with match.com and they won't refund me my account for their automatic renewal. Have contacted my bank to dispute the charge. Hopefully, I'll get my money back but from what you said I don't have much of chance.

They send you people as matches that are not even on the site anymore - and they send you people who only want to date a different faith, race than what you are. how are these people a match for me?

The people that are on match are game players, scammers, married and just want to have fun. Avoid Match, Plentyoffish and the rest like the plaque - they all suck.

MATCH TOOK MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP....THEY KEEP YOUR CARD INFO AND CONTINUE CHARGING YOU....REPORT THEM!! THEY RIP OFF PEOPLE!

View more comments (9)
New York, New York
Match Membership
I used the Match.com service over a year ago – I cancelled the service but one year later I go on-line and see they put through a charge to my debit card for $136.80! I immediately went to my bank (TD BANK, Plainview, NY Branch) and filed a dispute to have it reversed...

Yup they suck alright!

View more comments
New York, New York

Match.com CC hijacking and Match.com profile hijacked

After a 6 month hiatus, I renewed my account for match.com. Within 36 hours, I got a call from my credit card company telling me there was suspicious activity starting the day I renewed my account with match. My CC # was hijacked and someone on the other side of the country was buying groceries and fried chicken. My CC company took care of the charges and I wasn't going to worry about it. (My credit union is fantastic!) But then - this morning I wake up and there's an email message from Match asking me if I changed the critical access info on my account. No...I hadn't. So...my match.com account and online profile was hijacked. I don't think this is a coincidence. Eventually I was able to get someone on the phone. They're tech-dept had to shut down my profile. They refunded the FULL amount last charged to my (stolen) credit card, with their instruction/recommendation that I should re-sign up again and create a NEW profile with a new name. None of the data would be transferred to my new account. They "generously" offered 7 free days (that's the best they would do). Sign up again? Not likely. Thanks Match.com for compromising my security and putting me at risk both, financially and personally.
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

Match.com

I Am a paying customer at match....there is no screening of it's members . Women are disrespected .....some guys are perverts... I received an email from a male from brooklyn saying he wanted to lick me from head toe... And calling me a *** afterwards when I reacted to his perversion.... The guys are scammers and had even had a chance talk with someone hat still lives with his mother and looking for a woman who has her own place.... What a loser.... Should be called mismatch.com...just a bunch of scammers that make women inferior and lower own their self-image and self-confidence....women are treated like a comodity.....ladies beware!!!

Hmmm...paying Match.com to find a mate for you. What did you say your breed is?

Oh boo hoo hoo. Cry me a river you big baby. Just ignore the perverts then its that simple.

Washington, District Of Columbia

Match.com - allows security breach - will not let you out

Please, please folks, read this before you sign up for match.com! They do almost NO policing of profiles. If they hook you into the six month sign up - even when my email was compromised (yes, my personal email was used within 2 hours of when I signed up!) and their customer support says it was all coincidence! I asked politely at first for at least a partial refund and they were in no way cooperative. I was slammed in the first 24 hours with people who were not reading the request for local and who could barely speak in a grammatically correct fashion although their profile was flowing and exacting. This is a scam and customer service is not at all

Match.com has almost no security at all. In less than a month on this site, my profile got hacked and they changed the email address, sex, age, etc.

When you attempt to contact Match.com, you are forced to use an online form (no phone numbers are provided to reach an actual live person to talk to). This online form promises to get back with you within 48 hours.

TWO DAYS. And my credit card was compromised because this person who hacked into my account made additional service purchases with my card.

i cant log into my match account, my password isnt working and when i go through the "forgotten your password" process to have my password sent to me via email, i get no email..... ive had a "breach of security" message emailed to me by match tho, with no explanation of what this may be and im getting no replies to my queries. This is scary!!?

The exact same thing happened to me as it did to the other people on this site. My security was breached but match.com did not bother to notify me of this.

I tried to login several times and could not so I had to find their phone number. They said they had immediately refunded my money when they discovered the breach (BUT DID NOT NOTIFY ME!). They could not have been more eager to get me off the phone and I was under the distinct impression that this happens frequently with them. I also hate the fact that it takes so long to create a profile and upload pics.

Oh, and the did also generously offer me 7 free days if I would sign up again. Stay away from match.com.

Their security is severely lacking. And you are putting yourself at risk of identity theft which can take years to take care of.

My Match.com account was "hijacked" within 3 days of signing up. When I called customer service, I was given the "total refund with 7 free days if I signed up again".

Then the representative suggested that I "change the password on my credit card"!!!! I was originally told that even though someone could *** into the account to take the Profile name and photo...that was the extent of what they could get access to. I demanded to speak to a manager. When the manager got on the phone...I asked her what information could have been compromised.

Her only response was "I cannot give you any information without a Court Order". I was appalled!

I asked her again what information of mine could have been accessed...but again all she would say was that she could not tell me anything without a court order. I will be contacting a attorney.

Same happened to me... I just signed up 11/29, on 12/1 I get an email saying my account info had been changed, so I contacted them and find out my account has been hijacked... they offered me free 7 days as well, but:

1. I can't find out what really happened here, who used my info and to what purpose

2. what a waste of time, spending an hour getting it all filled out, uploading pix, and I'm supposed to do it all again??

3. next call will be to my credit card...

I renewed my account for match.com and within 36 hours, I got a call from my credit card company telling me there was suspicious activity starting the day I renewed my account with match. My CC # was hijacked and someone on the other side of the country was buying groceries and fried chicken. My CC company took care of the charges and I wasn't going to worry about it. But then - this morning I wake up and there's an email message from Match asking me if I changed the critical access info on my account. No...I hadn't. So...my match.com account was hijacked. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Eventually I was able to get someone on the phone. They had to shut down my profile. They refunded the FULL amount last charged to my (stolen) credit card, so that I could re-sign up again and create a NEW profile with a new name. They "generously" offered 7 free days (that's the best they would do).

Sign up again? Not likely. Thanks Match.com for compromising my security and putting me at risk financially and personally.

@PissedConsumer377709

Just so you all know if your security is breached on match.com the company will do nothing about it. the information in my settings for auto sign in has been changed several times and not by me.

In fact I bet you didn't realize that each time you put the cursor over the home, search matches connections messages profile sign in or any of the headings of the pull down menus at the top it will caus the box for the "Keep me signed in" to become instantly checked which can cause problems. Evidentally the company is also making changes in account settings and turning the auto sign in from off to ON.For those of you who may be sharing your computer use with others or using a public computer this is really scary and puts you at very high risk security wise. the next person who sits down at the computer will be able to see who you have been corresponding with, be able to read your messages and view your account settings etc. I have many years in telecommunications and high tech and I know what I am talking about.Match.com seems to be encouraging problems.

Numerous times I have signed out and the page states "you have signed out of match.com yet I am still able to access all the different sections and perfoem the same activities as though I am logged in. All this occurs when I am using a public or shared computer instead of using my home ocmputer. When the member needs security and privacy the most is when it is not available.

VERY SCARY IF YOU ASK ME. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY nO FOLLOW UP EITHER.

View more comments (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
Match Profile

Match.com has sold singlesnet down the road

Match.com the parent company to singlesnet has sold its members down the road. Their changes caused a popular site to an extinct dragon. I want all my money back. Match is is fraud and responsible for stealing millions from singlesnet users. Match.com the parent company to singlesnet has sold its members down the road. Their changes caused a popular site to an extinct dragon. I want all my money back. Match is is fraud and responsible for stealing millions from singlesnet users. Match.com the parent company to singlesnet has sold its members down the road. Their changes caused a popular site to an extinct dragon. I want all my money back. Match is is fraud and responsible for stealing millions from singlesnet users.

I got into support and "ryan" wanted $38.00 for him to fix my problem...which was I could not pull up profiles...mine or anyone elses. I did not do or change anything and match wanted to charge to fix a problem on their end.

I thought it was pretty good until this time when I joined. Now I am afraid they will keep billing me and I will have to cancel my credit card. Read all the complaints...very interesting.

Lynn

Greenville, North Carolina

Auto spare parts

Hero Honda Genunine Spare parts and more I signed up for *** Matches and have had no luck at all. One girl was treating me nice untill I told her I was not going to sign up again. I have not heard from her since then. I am 47 she was 24. Any one else think this site is for real? I do not. Another 27 year old girl was teasing me. Alot of girls winked but as soon as I wrote back nothing. A girl in the states winked at me with her girl friend. As soon as I suggested I travel down in the fall I was blocked for abuse. As far as I can tell this site is a scam and a total waste of time and money.
Washington, District Of Columbia

Bait and Switch

Upon registry with Match.com for the free tour, I was contacted through the "winking" process and with email from what I thought to be a very attractive woman. This prompts me,the unsuspecting visitor to join the service to correspond with the person "winking" and emailing me. After paying the thirty dollar fee, I was able to read the email from the attractive woman telling me to respond to her inquiry of me by emailing her at a phony email address. After realizing the woman was phony, I tried to contact Match.com to speak with a represenative only to find there is not a way to speak with anyone there and that this was all set up by match to get me to pay the $30.00 fee. This is very deceitful and fraudulent activity that needs to be investigated by law enforcment.

Loversleap - Your a *** first off. Second some people have responsibilities like jobs/college/kids/sick relatives.

Not everyone has time....

I am just assuming that's why MILLIONS of people resort to online dating, incase you haven't noticed the craze lately..... Just FYI before you open your mouth and decide to be a A**whole again.

To loversleap: why dont you take one LOSER!!Noone is crying about the recurring monthly payment. Before opening your fat hole why dont you learn to read.

Match.com is breaking the law.PERIOD Or does Match.com own your illiterate ***.

Now listen to this advice.Ha who the *** do you think you are? Quack

Lansing, Michigan

Match.com is a fraud

I been on Match.com for 7 days subscribed 1-4-11 for a 6 month period. In this 7 days EVERY single person I contacted or contacted me was a FAKE profile behind a FAKE picture and NONE of the contacts were American or even IN the states. I was sent extremely intense emails that sounded like were being quoted from a book, was harassed continually by these contacts, they displayed signes of jealously, called me names. When I reported this to match for a refund they FLAT OUT REFUSED to give me a refund. Gave me this lame excuses on how to make my experience "better" on their site and then accused me of "not accepting their help" when I told them I wanted nothing further to do with their site, wanted my profile deleted and A REFUND of my $107.94. They refused to give me a prorated refund, ANY kind of refund at the time, turned it all around on me with their remark that I refused their "help" There should be laws regulating dating sites and ANYTIME anybody has to deal with what I did a refund should be on the spot.

When your subscription is about to expire you will suddenly start to see all sorts of people who are attractive and who match what you are looking for. Its unusual in that you've seen NONE of these people before. They are all fake.

Sikeston, Missouri
Match Profile

Match.com sucks and is just one big scam.

The selection of men in North Carolina is awful. If you are a black woman there isn't anyone decent to choose from. All the black guys look like gangsters or are old perverts. The white guys are racist and only want the blond-haired, blue-eyed beauty. Or if the white guys are intersted in a black woman, they are old perverts. Don not waste your money on this site. Most likely the "success stories" were made up by their advertising agency. If you are thinking of joining, do not. Please, save your money and spend it on something worthwhile.
ID
#197462 Review #197462 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Greensboro, North Carolina

Match.Com Fraudulent Charges

After cancelling my subscription with Match.Com due to unsatisfactory matches; I cancelled my one-month subscription with them prior to the end of the 30-day period. I receive a confirmation e-mail 24 hours after my cancellation confirming my intent. Twenty-four hours after that I receive an unauthorized monthly charge from Match.Com on my checking account. In addition, due to insufficient funds from the Match.Com charge I received an additional $35.00 charge for NSF fees. I am waiting patiently for the monthly Match.Com fee to be replaced into my account. In addition, I am waiting for the additional NSF fees, as well.

I subscribe and was happy with meeting new people. The young ladies I met were real and very sweet.

I canceled the renewal and 2 days later it charged me full price for a 3 month subscription. I called and was told that there was no refunds allowed and my 2nd subscription was new. They have my credit card on file and will not release it. I had to call my credit card company and report a fraud.

Its sad because it is a nice way to meet people but I've already met my match and don't see why I will keep paying them for it. :?

I was charged $35.84 by match.com and then refunded $34.02. I never joined match and I do not know how they got may information.

They made a profit of $1.82. If they do this to thousands or millions of people then they are making money. I had to cancel my card. If this has happened to you then report match.com to the Better Business Bureau.

Google the BBB and make a report. This company has been doing this for many years and never fixes this problem. Instead they are making a profit.

This is FRAUD. It seems small but add it all up and it is big.

Maybe some people had good luck, but my account was charged and I never even completed my registration because before I submitted, I decided to check review sites, and there were the complaints, one after another. So i aborted my application.

low and behold, 1 month later, there was charge for $35. their records even stated I was never a member, but they charged anyway.

contested, got my money back and filed a complaint.

DO NOT JOIN MATCH.COM. the only match they make is with your bank account.

I met the love of my life on Match.com and we were married eleven months later. Certainly not a fraud if used properly and you read everything to know how the site works. You can filter what you receive from them and I had no problem canceling, either.

As for the person who had a charge from them while having no dealings with them, I'd check people who have access to your credit card number.

While I have to agree that match.com does need some help in the business department, (I too had to dispute charges) it is not an overall fraudulent site like a few of you claim. I met some nice guys, I met some jerks, and i met the love of my life. i married him in December.

I've never been to the site, but had a little over $300 worth of charges from them fraudulently on my credit card. $120 one day, $120 the next day, and $60 the day after that.

Expensive place. I put the charges in dispute of course.

I found many non Asian members with non Asian photos claiming to be Asian on their profiles, this is a fake and fraud site.

yes this is a fraud site with fake members, so watch out

That's nothing. I have never had any dealings with Match.com whatsoever, and I just had to dispute a fraudulant charge on my Visa check card for $34.99. Card cancelled and a new one will take 5 to 7 days.

View more comments (8)
ID
#161907 Review #161907 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hagerstown, Maryland
Match Subscription

Match.com

I joined match.com for 1 month, just to see what it was like. I checked back periodically to make sure that my credit card had not been charged for an additional month. The day my subscription was to expire, I went online to cancel my subscription, but Match.com had already charged my credit card, with out warning or notice. I called customer service to see if I could get a refund & they told me that since I did not cancel my subscription the day before I would be charged another month. If I had wanted another month I would have purchased it at the beginning. All of these sites are a scam & a racket & not worth the time & effort

Contact your bank. They will help you to take back your money like what I got

I signed up with match.com and paid the membership fee and after almost a month with the company had a serious surgery and would not be able to particapate in the site or be date for an undisclosed amount of time I explained this to the company and they were unwilling to cancel my subscription I told them they can charge me a full month for using the service I had already used but due to medical reasons I will be in and out of hospitals and cant enjoy the service. They told me they would give me nothing!

I talk to a supervisor then the person above them, after explaining my person medical reason why I had to bail out they told me they would return my money but charge me 2 months eventhough I had only been on for 19 days exactly. How horrible to take advantage of a seriously ill person don't trust this company and their promising commercials :cry

Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Match Subscription

THEY LIE TO YOU ABOUT EVERYTHING!!

This is a misleading bait to pay a membership fee and then get nothing in return. No class or truth and when they have no service for you they improvise or send pictures of people 20 years out of your request range and none of the qualities you ask for. I am a very honest person and only ask the same in return. If I would get out in the public more I would not even have a reason to try these dating connections. My friends ask why would I even want to be on here--well I stay home

"If I would get out in the public more I would not even have a reason to try these dating connections."

.... And whose fault is that?

Orange Park, Florida
Loss

No more emails in/out from Match.com

I have 3 weeks left in my membership with Match.com and they have blocked all my emails. The emails that I have sent out are out there in never-never land. They have not reached the the people I have sent them too. I have not received any emails from anyone, so I don't even know if anyone can see me. I have now emails Match.com twice and I am still waiting to hear back from them. I guess since I am not going to re-new with them, they are not going to waste their time on me. Great Customer Service Match.com.!!!!!!!!!
Herndon, Virginia
Loss

Match.com failed to follow through

I will never come back to Match.com again. It was a complete waste of my money and time. it started when I signed up. I got an emial, but to read it I had to join. Which I did. Turns out, it was spam. I have never got any more spam since that first one. Makes me wonder if Match.com is not the one that sent it to me, just to get me to join. Then I send an email, and I want to see if it has been read. I have to re-activate my account to see that information. But I have already paid for 3 months! Why can I not see something that you offer to paying account holders, when I have paid up? Then it seems like I get the same women in my emails over and over again. Some women only match me by 13-14 points, but you say we match. How can that be? Then there are the women that I have done a search on, and now they show up on my macth emails. Funny, I have already searched for them and have winked at them, and now Match.com says she is a match for me. Do you think it was a bit slow, or I found her so now Match.com thinks she might be a match? A lot of the women that are sent to me in the emails have not been active in over 3 weeks. Excuse me, but I have been on here for 2 months already, and the computer is just now picking them? There is no way that the computer cannot find these women while they are active. Now many women in your system, after 3 weeks of no activity, come back on and start again? I really doubt if there are very many. There are sites out there that allow you to blog about poor service. Trust me, I am going to find it. When I do, I am going to put all this on it and warn everyone that reads that blog that Match.com is a rip off. They get your money and then send you the same info over and over again.

it was the second person I contacted, we met and were married eleven months later. Turns out he is my perfect match!!

I was once conned by Match.com, they don't have any real members, they only have fake members, and they will *** you just to join, once you join, then you will talk to NO ONE.

I was on Match for 3 yrs., went on a lot of dates with men who think they're God's gift to women (which they're NOT, and after paying $330 for 3 yrs., I've only come away with 2 good male friends. I don't expect to pay to make friends, but you can't find any man on Match who is interested in anything but quick sex and shallowness. (I'm a beautiful woman who can't find a decent man on Match, so I'm wondering what the average women get for their money on Match.)

I don't know if you got scammed - but something tells me you did. Never respond to any emails about sending money for anything!!!!

If you want to join a site -- you put in their email address directly. My neighbor used Match.com & unfortunately it didn't work out for her - she was in her late 50's, but the site was honest. She then joined eHarmony.com & she met Mr.

Right. They are now married for 2 yrs.

View more comments (3)